Monday, December 1, 2014

A Wreath for Favorite Son

Our son and his friends enjoy skeet shooting.  Last Christmas, I saw a shotgun shell wreath at a local craft fair and thought Favorite Son would like having this at his apartment for the holidays.
 

This was an easy and quick project!  All it took was a $2.49 wreath from Wal-Mart, some burlap ribbon from my stash and some spent shotgun shells.  I had the guys pick some up after one of their get togethers.  (well, they're supposed to pick them ALL up when they're done!)
 
 
 After fluffing the wreath a little, I tied five pieces of burlap around the wreath. 


Since this is a "Guy's Wreath," I didn't want to overdo the decorations.  The red shells were the perfect pop of color!  lol
 
I hotglued the shells in bunches around the wreath ...

 
 
and then added a dark red burlap bow.  That's it! 
The perfect décor item for a college farm boy!!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
LINKING TO THESE GREAT PARTIES:
 
 
 
r

14 comments:

allisamazing said...

What a great idea! I am sure your son will love it :)

My Garden Diaries said...

That is such an awesome wreath friend! I love the idea of personalizing your Christmas decor!! You have inspired me with this post!!! I could do a special one for the beans!!! Happy week to you!!! Nicole xo

xinex said...

Wow! So original and turned out so pretty!...Christine

Charla said...

Fantastic! I'll bet this will be pinned 1000 times on Pinterest!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This is a fabulous idea, and well executed by your skillful hands. Maybe you need your own booth at a craft show. ;-)

Maria Elena said...

It is beautiful and original! Pinning it! :) Have a great weekend! Maria

Alycia Nichols said...

OMG...I love it!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you heard my cackle all the way to your house! This would be the perfect wreath for me!!! I love target practice (although my shoulders and back would attest otherwise!), and this would be SO fun to put out on the front door. Fair warning for any would-be Christmas Grinches!!! :-)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great idea for your son!! Love how you tied the burlap on the wreath!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh I bet your son will love it and it's unique and pretty. You are so talented, I'd love to make things like this. Thanks for your inspiration and for your sweet visit.
Happy holiday season.
FABBY

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The perfect decoration for the outdoorsman! Really a creative idea. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Martha's Favorites said...

Very cleaver! Blessings, Martha

The Charm of Home said...

Super cute!! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Unknown said...

how fun and unique! any shooter, hunter or rustic outdoorsperson would love this wreath! Thanks for sharing at the Christmas in July party!

Sew Crafty Crochet said...

Such a cool & unique wreath!!