Wednesday, April 1, 2020

How Quickly Things Can Change

Things can sure change quickly in a short time, can't they?  This time last month we were on our way home from a fun vacation to South Carolina and Florida.  Now we are laying low at home.  I'm hoping you are taking precautions and staying healthy!  


I did get to take a shopping trip with my sister before the STAY HOME order came through and I'm so glad we got to enjoy our day together!  Two days later, we were basically home bound.  Since then, I've been busy trying to finish up several projects and I'm happy to share my progress.  The first is finishing up my Square Knot Quilt. This was my first attempt at machine quilting and I can say I learned a lot during the process. Although there is room for improvement, I am pretty happy with it.

Remember bargello needlepoint from the 1970s?  I've been seeing pillows made using this vintage needlepoint style lately and thought it  would be fun to make my own. I worked on this little pillow top during our vacation drive and really enjoyed it!  I finished it up when we got home.

Another project I've started was embroidering a quilt top.  A cousin purchase these blocks and the blue floss several years ago but decided the project wasn't really for her.  I thought it would look good with more color and am pleased how they are turning out.  There are actually enough blocks to make two quilts.  I think the next quilt will have a variety of colored flowers instead of just yellow, like a flower garden.  It's been a long time since I've worked on a quilt top like this and it's fun to pick up and work on now and then.  


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you and your loved ones find creative and projective things to do while we also try to stay safe and healthy.  Let me know what you've been doing to pass the time.

These are frightening and historic times.  I'm pray for all who are affected by this pandemic - those who are suffering from the illness, those who have lost loved ones and those who are working so hard to help us maintain our lives.  

                                                                               Zenda



5 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Look at your talented self! You go girl! I love that quilt. I never learned how to make a quilt. Stay safe and cook and bake! Helps me! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kim said...

Oh my, just look at those gorgeous pretties you have teased us with today. Your Square Knot quilt is a vision. Such a lovely pattern and the choice of fabrics is beautiful. The quilting looks great, too. The floral fabric on the border is so pretty. Doesn't it look a picture resting atop your bed in your bedroom. The bargello cushion is a lovely finish, too. I bet that was fun to stitch as you travelled along in the car. A little stitching is a pleasant pastime to enjoy as one travels along drinking in all the sights outside. Isn't the embroidery sweet on the blocks you are working on now. Love the colours you have chosen. Love the dainty yellow flowers dancing around those cross stitches. You are going to enjoy stitching the hours away on these gorgeous embroideries. It was a treat to visit your lovely place today.Take care, lovely Zenda.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow the quilt turned out wonderful and I love the pillow! Takes me back to the 70’s but in better colors! Isn’t it something how we’ve had to change our ways!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's so nice to see that you did some creative projects. I love the quilt and the pretty pillow. Stay safe and be well.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

The quilt is. Work of love. Kudos to you for making such a beautiful piece. Staying home is the best thing right now.