Sunday, March 12, 2017

Craft Room Updates

I'm really enjoying spending time in my new craft room.  I've been working on several projects lately and it's so nice to have all of my supplies in one place, a dedicated space where I can leave my projects out AND be able to close the door and 'hide' the mess!

I've been making a display board for our Retired Teachers' group, finishing up a quilt top and making a set of cork boards.  I'll share the quilt top next time but I have the cork boards done and am pleased with their look and functionality.

I chose fabric, ribbon and stud tacks.
I haven't made one of these since I was in college...several years ago!  The concept is the same but cork boards aren't.  Years ago, they were about 1/2 -3/4 of an inch thick.  These days they are only about a quarter of an inch thick.  I had to use 2 of them to staple the fabric to the back.
So easy!  I did the same to the back of the framed cork board.  I followed directions from HERE.

Decorative stud tacks were added to the ribbons.  
Here is the final product.  Now I have a place to hang my calendar, book club list and lots of other "important information."

I'm wishing you a wonderful week!  Let me know what you've been working on lately.


Linking to:
    Dishing It and Digging It
    Amaze Me Monday
    Metamorphosis Monday
    Tuesdays At Our Home
    The Scoop
    Home Matters
    Share Your Cup Thursday
    Home Sweet Home
    Sweet Inspirations

17 comments:

Kim said...

I wouldn't have thought your college days were all that long ago. =) Those cork boards look beautiful on the wall. Love the selection of fabrics you used to cover them. Your craft/sewing room is beautiful.

Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Your decorative cork boards are so pretty and make such a beautiful and useful display on your wall. I love all of the pretty blue. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Happy Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

Love them, never seen those made before

Pam said...

Those are adorable. I could see those making great gifts for friends and family. Nice job.

The Stonybrook House said...

Love how your craft room has come along! The cork boards look awesome! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love the cork boards. I love it all my friend. I love how you have that large counter with the drawers underneath. That is sort of what I am looking for too. Did you make the counter top or buy it? Everything is looking wonderful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Lady of the Manor said...

Cindy, a local cabinet maker made them for me. He ordered a Formica countertop. I wanted an inexpensive work surface that was easy to clean. It is very sturdy for my sewing machine. Thanks for visiting! I'll be checking in to see your craft room redo! Zenda

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great idea! Functional and cute and I like your sewing station. I would love a dedicated room like that.

Carol ("Mimi") said...

I love your fabric-covered cork boards. They're pretty and functional, too. If you ever decide to change the décor in your craft room, you can easily switch out the fabric with new colors and patterns, too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a wonderful idea! How I wish there was enough wall space in my sewing room to put up even one.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great idea!! I have some of these myself!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Cristina said...

What a nice transformation. You did a reat job!

Mrs Shoes said...

What a lovely job of it you've done! So creative.

I've come to visit from Sweet Inspirations bloghop this week; please do come by & visit the 4Shoes someday when you have a bit of time.

Nicole B said...

The fabric covered cork boards look really pretty in your craft room.
Thank you for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope you will join us again on Friday.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

They are so pretty and are great for function! My craft room is still messy since Christmas. I've been so busy helping with the estate sales that I haven't made it in there to clean up. Hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

This looks fantastic! I did this exact thing to those cork tiles to my board in the kitchen. So useful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Mary K. said...

Wow when paired together like that across the wall they make quite a statement! Love the colors you chose. Pinning!