Thursday, August 16, 2018

Late Summer Changes

We were up earlier than normal today.  J wanted to play golf with "The Old Grumpys" and they start early during the summer.  After the pups and I wished him off, I realized the foggy morning would make some pretty pictures.  I hurriedly dressed and we went on our morning walk/chores.  Here are some of our views this late summer morning.
 Ranger looking to see if the fish were up yet.
 Our homestead from across the pond.  (Ha!)
Several of our "ladies" were up early, too.
This is how these two play fetch.  Ranger loves the water and 
Sallie tries not get her toes wet!

As hot summer days change to warm autumn afternoons, we are excited to be changing in our roles, as well.  Our Precious Daughter and Son-in-Law are anticipating the arrival of their first child!  J and I are so excited in becoming GRANDPARENTS!  This past weekend, the kids had me take some photos of them and I'll share a few.

 This was taken in their bean field.
Love this one, American Gothic-style!  This is in front of what will be their new home.  Yes, not only are they starting their family, they are building a new home.  We are so lucky that it is just a few miles down the road from us!  Guess we'll get to do a lot of babysitting, huh?!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying these last days of summer!

Zenda

7 comments:

Kim said...

Hello lovely Zenda, how fabulous you are soon going to be a grandmother! So, so very excited for you. My goodness a new baby and a new house!! I'm guessing the road between your lovely home and your daughter's is going to be a well trod path. Love, love, LOVE your beautiful photos of your countryside. How fabulous is the photo of your home across the pond. Love all that gorgeous mist!!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow Zenda those are beautiful pictures. I didn’t know you had a pond so close by. Love the view looking back at your home. What a joyous time anticipating the birth of your first grandchild! Our first and only grandchild was born in September 2 years ago. How exciting to be building a new home. The year our daughter was born we sold our home, moved into a rental, had a house built and moved in it in December of the same year! I wish I had the energy like I did back then!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Zenda, congratulations on becoming a grandmother! I know that you must be so excited! Your photographs are beautiful! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Rosie M. said...

Congratulations, Zenda, on your pending Grandparenthood!! It's a wonderful event and your life will never be the same again. You're so lucky to have your family so close by. Enjoy every minute! And thank you for your lovely pictures of early morning in your area. I loved the shots of your dogs "playing catch"! Definitely put a smile on my face: a great way to start a day!
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Creations By Cindy said...

Zenda, I love all the pictures. I am so excited for you with this new little precious baby on the way. And they will be living close by! What a blessing for y'all. Just melts my Nana heart. Girl, I have 6 grands aging from 14 years old to 12 weeks and they sure can keep you busy. But I would not have it any other way. The pictures are stunning of your daughter and soninlove. Precious times in your family. God is so good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

Congratulations on the great news! And how wonderful that you'll be living close by. Our two oldest grandkids are in Texas and our youngest grandson lives about 35-40 minutes away. I wish they all lived much closer to us. Your property is beautiful, especially with the pond being nearby.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Gorgeous pictures! Congratulations on the baby coming. You are truly blessed for having them live so close by.