Monday, June 30, 2014

Stars and Stripes and Checks, Too

I've set a July 4th Celebration table in the kitchen today. 
 
 
I had a lot of fun collecting these dishes.  The melamine plates were on sale at Kroger, the bowls were from Target.  I found the glasses and napkins at Dollar General this spring.  The Corelle dishes and flatware were from Wal-Mart.   


 







The galvanized candle holders were from a local mercantile store and I've used them several different ways this summer.  I also plan to switch out the blue ribbon and use them this next Christmas.

 
The runner was from Kohls' (after the holiday last year) and I've had the plastic 'lace' tablecloth for years.
 
 
 
 
Sometimes you can get a lot of BANG for just a little Buck!!   :)
 
 
We are planning a quiet 4th of July celebration this year.  Both kids will be out of town celebrating with their friends. 
 
Hope you have a fun and safe weekend!! 
 
 
Linking to:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 



8 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your tablescape. I bought those same glasses too! Love them! LOVE those cute candle holders. I will be sharing my tablescape too this Thursday. Amazing at how we are on the same page with our Patriotic tablescape! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My Garden Diaries said...

Now that is a place where I could sit and relax for sure! Your table is gorgeous and is everything the 4th should be! Colorful and festive! (Love the blue glasses!!)) My fingers are crossed that we do get milder weather after some very strong storms! Enjoy the weekend friend! Nicole xoxo

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Visiting from Share Your Cup. Love your patriotic tablesetting - so pretty and fun.. Pinning it.

Anonymous said...

Great Fourth of July table! Love those checked plates...

Lory at Designthusiasm said...

A true July 4th classic! Love the mix of patterns and the festive colors. Nice homage to our independence... :-)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Cute table- love the center runner and the galvanized pieces. Your dishes look great and I love that they are collected from different sources and work so well together. Have a great 4th!

Unknown said...

This is a great table I normally hate Melamine but here your plates are so pretty you can't tell they aren't china. the galvanized tins are real charmers but LOVE the table runner so colorful.Susie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love polka dots and checks together! What a fun and truly patriotic tablescape. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann