Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Chunky Icelandic Baby Blanket

Hold on your hats, folks, it's three posts in three weeks!!  

I'm finally getting around to posting some of my winter projects.  This baby blanket was actually started before I knew we were having our grand baby, Jack.  
It was one of those "I need an easy project I can grab and go" and it's been on several trips, long car rides, and kept me occupied during many wintry evenings. 
The pattern is very simple but it took some getting into a rhythm; it's made by simply alternating single crochet and double crochet stitches.
I had Jack a couple of days this last week and he helped with some photo shots.  
Isn't it amazing how much better things looks with a handsome model?!
 Here he is inspecting my border.
Yesterday, the weather was gorgeous - a sunny, breezy summer day!  
I included a few of our potted flowers in my shots, too.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!  I hope you have a fun week with those you love!

Zenda




Sharing at these fun parties:
   Sundays At Home
   Dishing It and Digging It
   Tuesdays With a Twist
   Sweet Inspirations

8 comments:

Kim said...

Such a delightful post filled with sunniness. Your Jack is a cherub, isn't he. He is a most adorable model for your photo shoot. Look at those beautiful blue eyes and adorable smile. I love your Chunky Icelandic Blanket and the little snippet of colour dancing around the edge is perfect. Everything is blooming up there at your lovely place, Zenda.

Creations By Cindy said...

Zenda, that blanket is adorable. I never learned how to do that! You go girl! And see here....I just want to kiss that pretty eyed boy's cheeks! He is adorable! Awesome pictures of baby Jack. I know that you have found a joy that ONLY us grandmothers can know! The love we have for our grandchildren just can't be expressed. Hugs and blessings to you dear lady. Cindy

Michelle said...

That’s a beautiful blanket! I love the turquoise border. And your model, Jack, is adorable!

Catherine Pritchard said...

What a beautiful baby he is! The blanket looks fantastic and I am sure will be loved for the new baby. I think my daughters are done with babies and I have 7 grandchildren but I would love to have more!

Rosie M. said...

Oh, Zenda, your Jack is darling and your blanket looks so soft and cozy. I can't knit or crochet and I'm always impressed by how much more luxurious blankets look when they are handmade vs. machine manufactured. You have quite a gift. Thanks for sharing your precious grand baby and your lovely "Chunky Icelandic Baby Blanket"! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Aww that is a really nice blanket you crocheted and Jack looks so cute with it! Your flowers are looking great and so does Jack perched out on the lawn!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That is such a beautiful baby blanket you made. I love it and the baby does too!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - what a pretty blanket - but it's the handsome huggable wee little man that takes my heart!