Monday, June 17, 2019

Our Father's Day

Like many, we celebrated Father's Day with our wonderful J this past weekend.

It's been ages since I've posted a TABLESCAPE.  I must admit, I do set a nice table, even if it's just the two of us, everyday.  Over the top settings were never my style and pretty impractical for our family.  I set the table for this meal and thought, "Hey, that's not bad."  (LOL!)  So I decided to share it with you!
 
Precious Daughter's family has a pet rabbit and so I used some 
porcelain rabbits in my centerpiece. 
 Note Jack's spot!  :)  We also invited my dear mother-in-law.  
She lives on the farm, just up the lane.
A simple but special setting for the two fathers in our family.  My hubby and Jack's daddy.  This was his FIRST year getting to celebrate Father's Day!

Our Precious Daughter prepared the meal and brought it over Sunday afternoon.  (They have just moved into their new home and don't have all of their new furniture yet.)  She prepared Jalapeno Popper Chicken, roasted sweet potato slices, edamame (seasoned with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute) and I made a leaf lettuce salad from my garden greens.  I also made a fresh cherry pie for dessert.  My brother and sister-in-law shared some of their harvest with us so the men enjoyed pie and ice cream.  It tasted better than it looked!  ;)
(I've included the links to the recipe and that great seasoning!)

It's also been awhile since I've shared any home photos so I'm including a couple of our dining room and great room.  
The little sign hanging on the knob says, "Blessed Beyond Measure" 
and that is certainly true in my case!

Just some candid shots, including several of Jack's toys 
stored under the coffee table.

The Looking Glass Begonia was a gift from one of my gardening friends.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  She tells me it's time to try to propagate it but I'm nervous about snipping some off.  What do you think?  Should I give it a go??

I have been able to root my basil.  These starts I've used as a little floral arrangement are all ready to be put into pots.  
Precious Daughter will be getting one of my basil pots for her new home.

Thanks for stopping by this week!  
I appreciate you all hanging in with me while I was taking my blogging break!!  The gardens are really staring to bloom and next week I'll be sharing more of the summer gardens.  Until then, have a blessed week!

Zenda 


Visit these great parties:

5 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh your table looks great! Love the blue placemats and the napkin. I enjoy views of your home as I think you did a spectacular job with it! I don’t know anything about splitting up that begonia but it looks wonderful the way it is!

Kim said...

I always love wandering around your beautiful home, Zenda. Your Father's Day tablescape is lovely in blue. You say "simple" I say just right. Cute little white rabbits sitting there. I love the beautiful white swan keeping an eye on everything from way up high. I think it is a most wonderful thing for you to have your daughter, son-in-law and Jack just up the road. How fabulous too, to have your mother-in-law joining in the celebration. Yes, you are blessed indeed, lovely Zenda. I must say, your Basil looks so very healthy!

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving your pretty table . I’ve been going to do a 4th of July table but haven’t . Menu sounds delicious ! Yum . Oh i love using the 21 Salute spice . It’s so tasty on lots of things . Basil smells so good doesn’t it ? I’ve got some growing from seeds i planted on my little pitting shed . I actually need to thin them out or transfer some to a larger pot . I love your home Zenda . You are truly blessed . Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Your table looks so pretty and I love the colors you chose. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your table setting looks so pretty - blue is my favourite colour so it certainly caught my eye. And I always enjoy seeing photos of your beautiful home - and always envy you that beautiful shelf wall!!