Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bunnies, Birds and Eggs

Kathleen challenged us to put a table together containing
Birds, Nests and Eggs. 
I tried to meet that challenge but couldn't help adding
a couple of bunnies to the mix. 





 
 
 
Again, I've mixed old and new dishes to put together an eclectic table full of memories for us. 
 
Don't you love those new HomeGoods' ads that encourage mixing and matching dishes of different patterns and styles?  Of course, they want you to buy their offerings but you really can set a lovely table and one that's quite unique.
 
Using this suggestion, I mixed two different styles of salad plates.  One set has bunnies I found at Kroger and the other set features embossed Easter elements.
I also mixed two different colored mugs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This table includes several panoramic sugar Easter eggs my sister-in-law made for our children years ago.  After each Easter, they are carefully stored in plastic zipper bags in a padded box.  We've been able to enjoy them for many years.
 
 
 
 
 
 
These little lambs, as well as the small white bread plates,
are from my mother-in-law. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Easter is just around the corner.
 
Hope you're feeling Spring weather in your 'neck of the woods!'
 
 
 
Linking to:
 
 
 



16 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

What a sweet tablescape! Love your dishes! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh your table is just so beautiful! You have given me some ideas for Easter friend!!! Happy week to you!! Nicole xoxo

Sarah said...

Darling dishes! The chargers are perfect with those cute bunny plates. Definitely smile makers! The sugar eggs are gorgeous. I have fond memories of childhood Easters and these wonderful eggs with scenes inside. Treasures!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

When I saw the sugar egg I had to come visit! My Aunt Lavina made those for us as kids. It's nice to see this tradition still being carried on. Your dishes are cute- mixing is the fun part isn't it!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love those bunny plates.

Tricia said...

What a pretty table! I love mixing the salad plates to add interest. What a treasure those sugar eggs are! I like the way you've incorporated them into your centerpiece.

Alycia Nichols said...

I think Home Goods encourages mixing and matching because they never have enough of any one pattern available!!! :-) I have to run all over town to every TJ Maxx, Home Goods and Marshall's there is to build a set of 8-12. I do think, though, that it makes good sense for them to promote the mixing and matching. It's really helpful to a lot of folks who otherwise wouldn't quite understand how to do it.

You did a wonderful job with this table, and I like how you included bunnies and the little lambs...so cute!

Your centerpiece is wonderful!

Have a relaxing weekend!

The Tablescaper said...

Very sweet. Adorable polka dot plates.

I do hope you'll share this at Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Marigene said...

Such a lovely table...anything with aqua touches my heart!

I have always mixed and matched dishes, first, out of necessity and now because I find it pleasing to the eye.

Candy S said...

Such a lovely mix of the old with the new. The sugar eggs are lovely and the mix and match of the salad plates lends a wonderful Easter feel to this table.

Kathleen said...

Love your mix and match table. The polka dot and white salads are so pretty. Napkins look lovely! I remember those sugar eggs, beautiful!
Thanks for taking the challenge!

The Tablescaper said...

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Unknown said...

the lady of the manor aka bunny under glass makes a beautiful table center piece I love lambs for Easter. I put a table runner down the center of my table that looks like sheeep fleece is so soft like a baby lamb.Susie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such a sweet table. I can't believe you got those pretty bunny plates at Kroger. I know our Kroger didn't have any of those. The bird in the pretty wire cage makes a pretty centerpiece. (I probably shouldn't reveal this, but I still have sugar, diorama eggs from my childhood!) laurie

Unknown said...

A very pretty table! I love your bunnies and lambs. I love your whole table can't pick just one thing. Happy Easter.
Blessings My Friend,

Custom Comforts said...

What a sweet table you set for Easter. Everything is so delicate and I love the soft colors and variety of plates. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the extra touch you gave to Easter making it special.
Cindy