Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A New Year!

Oh my, it's been a long time since I posted!  Life happens and I just never seem to get around to sharing all my blessings and opportunities.  We had a wonderful 2019 and hope you all did, too!  With the new year, I HOPE to post monthly ... that's one of my goals anyway.  I'm retired and just like to share a bit of my life with my blogging buddies, so that is the focus for the foreseeable future!  Thanks for stopping by now and then to catch with us!!

We had a fun Christmas holiday.  We celebrated with family at our home and at my MIL's, 
and even with Santa!

Our little Jack had lots of fun opening his presents!  Here he is in his new rocking chair from Grammy and Grandpa and with his new comfy chair and guitar from Cami.

One fun tradition that Andy and his friends do over Christmas is go to a movie.  It has usually been a Star Wars movie.  They let me go along, too!

J and I continued another tradition, eating New Year's Eve lunch out then shopping for dinner and preparing it at home.  This year, we enjoyed grilled trout, sea scallops and delicious sides!


We still keep Jack once a week.  He and Grandpa like to have long talks sometimes.


Sallie has to get in on the discussion, too.































I've been keeping busy making some warm wraps.  I gave hand knitting a try making this afghan for Jack,
and a grey one for Andy's girlfriend, J.  She says she's really enjoying how soft and warm it is.  Jack likes to snuggle with his on the floor.  I made these out of chenille but the first ones I made out of a wool type yarn.
This cream cover is in our bedroom and I made one of sage green for our daughter and son-in-law to put at the end of their bed.  Although both are soft, the chenille yarn is more durable.  Jack likes to pull the woolen strands apart.

This winter, I've also been working on a couple of quilts.  Our Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) chapter finished and presented the Quilt of Valor we've been working on.  The recipient is an Army veteran who is battling cancer.  She is also a member of our chapter.  It was a true blessing to create and then present this quilt to her!  She is a real inspiration to us all!

And finally, I started a different quilt, just a fun one for me.  The pattern is Square Knot from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I've had this fabric for years and thought it would be pretty for a Spring quilt.
I hope to start quilting it pretty soon.  

That pretty much catches you up on our world.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm wishing you a happy, healthy 2020 and look forward to reading about the adventures and opportunities that await us all in the new year!

                                                       Zenda

9 comments:

Kim said...

How wonderful to visit you at your lovely place, after all this time, Zenda. It is a delight to stroll through your photos and see what you and your family have been up to. I love the table setting for your Christmas dinner; very stylish. Isn't your Jack a sweetie. So many gorgeous photos of him.....sitting in his wooden chair....sitting with his grandpa in the swinging seat. Those afghans are fabulous! You are quite the knitter. AND...I must say you are quite the quilter. The Quilt of Valor is beautiful. I am touched by the story of the recipient. I can just imagine her face when her eyes saw this beauty. AND....as for your Square Knot quilt, it is gorgeous. Such a lovely design and the fabrics you have chosen are so pretty. I am excited that I will be visiting you more in 2020, and seeing more photos of your beautiful family, home and all the pretties you imagine♥

Creations By Cindy said...

So good to see a post from you dear lady. That Baby Jack is growing by leaps and bounds! I just can't believe it. I know you all enjoy him so much. Girl...you are so talented! Just love the afghan and quilt. How pretty I bet that sage color is at the end of the bed. Ooh, that meal on NYE sounds awesome! And you know I am loving your place setting! So good to see you post dear friend. Praying that 2020 is a blessing to you in more ways than you can imagine! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a nice holiday and enjoying time with your grandchild and family. I love all of the beautiful blankets you made. Enjoy the winter months.

Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Happy New Year, Zenda! It was so much fun catching up on all of your happenings! Your grand baby is adorable! I hope your New Year is full of lots of happiness and blessings!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Looks like you have been having a great time! Love the family photos. Jack is so adorable. Those afghans are marvelous! Love that big chunky style!

Catherine said...

Wow, welcome back. It is great to see you blogging again, although what a hypocrite I am as I stopped a few years back. Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Its me again! I felt so bad after my last comment that I decided it was time to start another blog and kick off this year with a resolution to keep blogging. So, Happy New Year for 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017! It has been so long since I posted anything. I would love it if you followed my new blog, Our New life in Worcestershire which can be found athttps://worcestershireliving.blogspot.com
Please leave a comment if you have time. x

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

Zenda, I'm so happy to see you blogging again, even if it's only once a month or even a little less. We're retired too, but last year I announced I wanted to spend more time doing what I wanted to do; but then next thing I knew I was blogging about everything. I love your quilts!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Zenda, I was so happy to see a visit from you on my blog!! I totally understand about posting. I love to, but don't get to as much as I use to. You have a darling family. I love the photo of you and Jack. We have a grandson named Jack too. :) Both quilts are gorgeous! I bet she loved her Americana one.
hugs,
Jann