Friday, June 5, 2020

Late Springtime in the Garden

Like everything in March and April of this year, time seemed to move in slow motion. Spring has come slowly to our neighborhood. The gardens have put on a real show for us, though, and we are finally starting to enjoy the fruits of our labor! 

Irises

Peonies
False Indigo, Bleeding Heart and White Peonies 
Peonies and Ninebark

Ninebark
Our ninebark bush was absolutely loaded this year with blooms!

Bleeding Heart

Hostas and Heurchera (Coral Bells) in my Secret Garden by our basement walkout.

Yarrow
Isn't it pretty up close?

The Hydrangeas are just starting to bloom now.

The vegetable garden is slowly coming along but the strawberry bed has started bearing.  I just made strawberry ice cream today!

Thanks for visiting the gardens today!

We've had some beautiful weather this spring and some awesome skies.

We've also been blessed to spend some time with this little fellow!
He and his daddy caught this big one the other day!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy!  

Zenda

9 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Happy Friday Zenda. Your garden looks so beautiful with such pretty flowers and nice to be growing strawberries. Take care and be well.

Joy said...

What an amazing garden. I loved all the photos but the irises - wow!
xx

Kim said...

Oh wow, just look at the beds of irises! They look amazing, Zenda. Love, love, love all the flowers that are blooming in your gardens. Love too the Secret Garden; love all the different colours of the foliage. Everything is singing a beautiful and harmonious song. Aren't blue skies with clouds floating by the happiest things to look up at. I must say that is some fish your Jack and his daddy caught. Time spent with him must make your heart burst with love.

Jeanie said...

Beautiful!!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Ooh everything looks grand! Love that shade of iris and your hostas all look wonderful! Boy I’ve never seen such a beautiful display of flowers from a ninebark!

Rosie M. said...

Oh, Zenda, what a beautiful post. I felt like I was actually walking through all your gardens! I've never had a "green thumb", so I marvel at the gardens you have produced. They are all a labor of love and you should be proud of your work. Especially in this dark time of uncertainty your blooms signal hope and comfort. Thank you for sharing your photos. I'd love to try some of your strawberry ice cream, too! Take care,
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Creations By Cindy said...

Your secret garden is beautiful Zenda. I just love it all. Give me that little feller. He is so handsome! Hugs and blessings to you dear friend. P.S. Did Andy make the pretzels?

FrenchgardenHouse said...

Oh my goodness, you have the most divine garden! So beautiful, each flower prettier than the last. Zelda, I love them all. Thank you for the garden therapy. Xo Lidy

Art and Sand said...

I have a bit of garden envy with all your abundant blooms.