Saturday, May 25, 2019

Spring Has Finally Sprung!

Hello, friends!  It's been awhile since I've created a post.  I've been keeping busy with my family and community.  I decided Springtime would be a great time to dive back into the Blogging World so let's see if I can keep it up.

After a rather cool, rainy start to our Spring, my gardens have finally started to awaken.  I wanted to share some of my lovely blooms.  Each one makes me smile!!

The iris are from my mom.  She loved these "old fashioned' iris
and these "bronze" iris she really liked.  They are actually a burgundy color and, although they go nicely with our brick home, aren't exactly my favorites.  I'll be looking to add some new varieties that show a bit more contrast.  All of these have really adjusted well to their new home, though, and I'm so happy about that!  
One new variety I added last year was this one - Damsel in a Dress!  Isn't she lovely?
Here are more shots of my "Secret Garden."  This was the first garden planted with many relocated plants from our old house.  It's on the north side of our new home, a place not easily seen from the road or from the front. 
This is one side of the walkout 
and here is the other side.
The quince has already bloomed but it's blossoms were a cheery coral color.

in another garden, the peony bushes have done well and were gorgeous before all of the rain last week.
I planted this clematis at the end of the season last year and was REALLY rewarded with these spectacular blooms last week!!  The purple really is this vivid!

We've been enjoying our back porch!  This view is looking out toward the old homestead and if you look carefully,
you can see our farmer (renter) putting in his corn crop.
The view from another angle shows the progress on J's woodworking shop.  He will also use it work on his machinery.
The section on the right (with the double door and covered door) will be my potting shed.  We can't wait to get all of our outdoor stuff moved into one shed!  We have it scattered in our garage and in several other out
buildings on the farm.

This little fellow is one of the reasons I've been too busy to blog.  I had the opportunity to babysit from January through April and it was such a blessing AND lots of fun!  It's hard to believe he's already 8 months old.  He really likes his daycare but he still comes to stay at Grammy's and Papa's on Mondays.  :)

Thanks for stopping by to catch up!  I'm wishing you all a wonderful week!
                                                                     
                                                                                         Zenda



**Please keep in your prayers our Midwest neighbors 
affected by the tornadoes and flooding.**




10 comments:

Joy said...

How lovely those photos are. That clematris is a stunning colour and I love your secret garden. Hostas are lovely plants and so varied.
xx

Kim said...

On this chilly and rainy day down here, I have loved taking a leisurely stroll through your beautiful garden, Zenda. How lovely you have been able to relocate plants from your old home. Those Irises are gorgeous.....yes...even the burgundy ones. Though of course adding other colours to these will be a vision splendid. Isn't the Damsel in Distress a beauty. Gorgeous Peonies and your Clematis is gloriously coloured. Such a gorgeous blue. Your secret garden is lush and thriving and what a beautiful photo of you and your grandson. He is a sweet little cherub! How beautiful that he spends a lot of time with his Grammy and Papa. The making of cherished memories, I should think♥ Have a beautiful flower-filled week, lovely lady♥

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving all of your wonderful pictures. Oh your flowers are all so pretty Zenda . I can see you making a pretty bouquet for your table . The woodworking shop looks so nice and i get you are excited about your potting shed .everyrhibg is looking so nice . And my favorite picture is of Grammy and baby jack ❤️ How precious . I know you have enjoyed him so much . Hugs and blessings , Cindy

Rosie M. said...

How nice to see your Blog name pop up in my mail today!! I love your gorgeous gardens! I've never been much of a gardener: my Mom had a green thumb, but I did not inherit it!! All the colors and those flowers dancing in the breeze are truly a treasure to behold: especially that purple clematis! Your grandson is precious and I know you enjoy the time you have with him. I look forward to more of your posts. I've been absent from the blogging world off and on because of some computer glitches that keep popping up, but I'm hoping to get them resolved soon! Enjoy your spring and summer.
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your iris, hostas and clematis all look wonderful. That clematis was especially amazing! The new out building looks wonderful and I’m imagining lots of great projects coming out of it. The extra storage will come in very handy too. Your grandson is adorable! Good seeing you post again!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Your flowers look great. I am waiting on my peonies to bloom, maybe one more week I hope! Congrats on the Grandma title. Your smile at the end says it all!

Happy Memorial Day!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Hi Zenda, I really enjoyed all your photos you shared of your beautiful garden! The flowers are gorgeous!! Your grandson is such a cutie! Hope you have a wonderful week!! Hugs, Jody🌻

Joanne said...

Beautiful flowers; I just love your peony photos. We used to have some lovely Irises at our old house but I couldn't find a good spot to plan any here as we have so much shade now.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous garden! Such lovely iris and peonies!

Ann said...

Your flowers are beautiful! We've had a cold, rainy spring here, too, and my flowers are just waking up. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!