Sunday, February 14, 2021

Keeping Busy and Staying Warm

 Oooo!  I hope it's warm where you are because here in Missouri it is FRIGID!  The temperature, as I type, is 1 F and it's 4:00 in the afternoon.  We've received a notice from our local information service that we may get 6-9 inches of snow tonight!  I sure hope they're wrong.  It's been very cold all week and this upcoming week sounds like more of the same. 

Sewing was on the agenda this past week.  I was able to get the large quilt top finished and I'm very happy with it!  J agreed it looks like summer.  Maybe we're just wishing but I'm pleased it's completed to this stage.





The blue and white floral fabric make a nice border, don't you think?  

The leftover half square triangles made a little bonus quilt.  How fun is this?!



Such a simple pattern makes a big statement!  I'll be sandwiching it this week, hoping to quilt it next week.  We are planning a little get away and I'd like to have a little handwork to keep me busy while J plays golf.  I'm using up batting and backing fabric I have in my stash so may have to do a little piecing together to get the right sizes.  The pandemic is forcing enabling me to use up things I've had stored awhile!  

Another little project I've enjoyed working on this winter is this little lap blanket.  More goodies from my YARN stash.  (Yes, I've got lots of different stashes!  I bet you do, too.). This will be donated to a local VA home.  I'm ready to finish it up by repeating the first edge.  I think I have enough yarn to make another one in shades of gray.  It will be in a ripple stitch.


If your a regular reader, you know I've also been working on another colonial dress and scanning my genealogy files.  Well, nothing to report on the dress.  (and I'm still looking for that lace!) The file scanning came to halt as most of my files, which were being stored on a jump drive rather 'disappeared.'  I was so disappointed and frustrated!  A call to the Apple help center didn't fix the problem but the young lady was very nice and did help me update my system, thinking that would solve the problem.  Do any of you know what this icon means or how to 'open' it? 



I have a MacBook Pro and am using a standard jump drive from Amazon.


This is the message I receive when clicking on the icon.  Reads like "Greek" to me!

Have you had a similar experience?  I purchased a different jump drive and have started saving my scanned images as jpegs, instead of pdfs.  We'll see if either of these work.  I'm open to any suggestions, though!

In the meantime, I've got lots to keep me happily occupied these last weeks of winter.  Surely, things will warm up in a month's time!  Oh, and Little Jack comes to visit tomorrow!  Mondays are our days!  He sure makes our hearts happy!  Here he is helping Mommy work from home.  LOL!  I know I'm partial, but isn't he cute?!?!?

Stay warm and safe everyone! And those of you in the warmer climates, ENJOY your beautiful weather!    Happy week!

                                                                                Zenda



6 comments:

Kim said...

Your Jack is very cute. Love the two quilt tops you have fashioned, Zenda. Fabulous you had enough blocks to make another smaller quilt. I'm afraid I am no help re your computer difficulty. I hope someone out there can fix you up. Have a lovely time away. Enjoy your quilting.

Creations By Cindy said...

That little Jack is surely growing by leaps and bounds. How adorable! Your quilt tops are beautiful Zenda. Girl, I wish I had your talent! Wanted to pop in say hello to you sweet lady. Hugs and blessings. Cindy

Rosie M. said...

All of your handiwork is absolutely beautiful, Zenda. Bravo!
Stay warm,
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Yes, it's been cold and snowy this winter. I can't wait for spring to come. The quilt you made is gorgeous and same for the blanket. Take care and stay warm.

Vicky said...

Zenda what is the pattern of the first quilt called. Might as well give me the name of the second also. Both are adorable. Vicky

Lady of the Manor said...

Vicky, the bigger quilt pattern is called Disappearing Shoofly. The smaller one is a simple pattern, not sure of the name but all the half square triangles are set in the same position. It really turned out cute! Thanks for visiting! Zenda