Monday, April 25, 2022

Finally Spring!

 Spring has finally arrived here in Missouri and I am so glad!  We've experienced lots of showers and the temperatures have been downright chilly.  Here we are at the end of April and we are just starting to have consistently warmer days.  The gardens are just starting to awaken, too, and that really has lifted my spirits!

Candytuft

Muscari and double daffodils

Flowering Quince

Lilacs

Bleeding Heart

Flowering Magnolia

Columbine

The kitchen herb garden.  Soon I'll be adding basil and rosemary.

The hostas are sprouting.  You can see some of my pots next to the rocks.  I'll be dividing some of these for our Master Gardener Plant Sale.

Some of my clematis are preparing to bloom.

Seeing my perennials regrowth in the spring is almost like seeing old friends who have been away all winter!  
Am I the only one who feels that way?

Another sign of springtime is "chicks in the coop!"  Yes, we needed some new ladies and they came this weekend.  We only have one old hen left and our pair of mallard ducks.  With the warmer temperatures, the ducks can stay on the pond and our old hen can forage during the day, leaving the little ones in the coop and kennel to grow and bond.  
They are still a bit shy.

J and I both had bouts of Covid a while back.  I got it first then, as my quarantine was ending, he came down with it.  We both felt kind of blah but thankfully didn't feel too badly.  We both have been vaccinated so we know that helped.  

With that behind us and Spring truly here, we are feeling so much better!

I hope you are enjoying some spring weather or at least some sunshine where you are!

~Zenda~

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Zenda, your spring garden looks so nice! Spring is such a beautiful time of year with everything budding. I'm sorry to hear you had covid but I'm hoping you are both on the mend and feeling better. Enjoy the spring weather Zenda.

Kim said...

Zenda, your garden is beautiful with the first blush of spring! It looks as if spring has settled in for a long while. I so agree with you that seeing the perennials pop up are like seeing old friends again. There is nothing quite like the joy of seeing happy flowers beginning to bloom everywhere. I can just imagine the sweet fragrances wafting around with your magnolia and lilacs flowering. It must be divine. Sweet little chicks, too. Your Jack will be delighted with the antics of these sweet animals. So glad to read that you have recovered from Covid. Enjoy all the flowery beauty that is hugging you, dear Zenda.

Joy said...

It's lovely when everything decides it is time to grow and bloom again, isn't it. It really lifts our spirits. Such beautiful photos, thank you for sharing.. xx

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything looks so lovely, fresh and full of life! I love it all. I hope that you are doing well my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey there, Miss Zenda!!!!!! Greetings from Lee's Summit! I'm sorry you have been sick. It's not fun, I'm sure!

Is NOW the time to try to divide up those hostas? Some of mine have grown SO big, and I just don't know what to do with them anymore! I need a man, though, to hack through them. Those bad boys are tough to deal with. I'm just not that strong anymore...despite what I'd like to think!

Everything is blooming nicely at your house. I love the fragrance of lilac!!!!!! I just planted a bunch of muscari this year so that next year I will have it all over...I hope. Walmart had a $1 clearance sale a couple of weeks ago, and I bought as many as I could fit into the back seat of my car. Didn't consider that they just might proliferate and I could very well end up with a FIELD of them.🤔

Enjoy the weather, steer clear of the storms that are rolling in (at least in this neck of the Missouri woods they are), and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Ann said...

If the forecast is correct, we're heading right into summer around here! Sorry to hear you had Covid, but glad to hear it was mild and you're feeling better. Happy Spring!