Sunday, January 2, 2022

Christmas and New Year's Eve 2021

 I'm hoping everyone had a wonderful and blessed holiday season!  We had wonderful weather and were able to spend time with most of the family this year.  

My mother-in-law hosted J's side again with all of us bringing in our favorite dishes to share.  Unfortunately, one of her great granddaughters tested positive for Covid and, as she had spent the weekend before with her cousins, those two families were not able to join us.  They were pretty disappointed but did join in with Facetime when Santa showed up.  Here is our photo with old St. Nick!

(Notice Jack's flashlight!)  
Here he is telling Santa what he wanted him to bring for Christmas.


I hosted Christmas Day again for my side of the family but this year we met at the local senior center so we could social distance better.  I believe we had 32, as everyone was able to come!  

One of my projects during the pandemic shutdown was to digitize old family photos.  Years ago, for our parents' 50th anniversary, I had made a photo album.  I decided to make copies of it to give to my brother and sister this Christmas.  They REALLY enjoyed them and I was so happy to be able to give them!  For table decorations, I made copies of some of our old photos (some were in the albums but most weren't) and scattered them around on the tables.  It was so fun to talk about these memories and share them with our younger family members.

The older kids had fun playing cards.
We were able to take photos of each family.  Here is ours.
We also took photos of ALL of us!  I was so happy to have these.  What a bunch!  I wish I could share them but we have several family members who are uncomfortable sharing their images online so you'll just have to trust me!  It was so good to be together again! 

For New Year's Eve, J and I continued our tradition of eating out for lunch then fixing something special to eat at home for dinner.  This year, we had seared scallops on parmesan risotto and Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream.  SO GOOD!   I'm including the ice cream recipe below.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your holiday and am wishing 
you a very happy and healthy 2022!  

Zenda


Bailey's Ice Cream with Chocolate Shavings
This recipe calls for 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of whole milk but I used 2 cups of half and half and we thought it was creamy enough.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Happy New Year dear lady to you and your precious family. Sounds and looks like you had a most wonderful Christmas with family. I am so glad. The food looks yummy. Can you believe we are in the year 2022? WOW! I am praying for a wonderful new year for us all. We surely need it this year. But, trusting the Lord through each adventure of life is what we must do isn't it? Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you had a wonderful holiday with your family. I enjoyed looking at the photos and reading about the holidays. Wishing you a happy new year Zenda.

Ann said...

Happy New Year, Zenda. May the New Year bring as all good health in these pandemic times!