Sunday, January 16, 2022

Cozy January Projects

 Hello, I hope you are enjoying the new year!  We finally had a bit of snow this weekend and it's been pretty to look at.  I don't think it will last long with temperatures that are supposed to be around 50 degrees F by midweek but I've enjoyed the change of scenery!

It's just a few inches of fluffy snow but it makes the world outside look so different!

January is the time for me to stay in my craft room and sew and that's what I've been doing!  Our retired teacher group as a craft club.  We sell the items we make at a fall craft fair to fund our group's classroom grants program.  There is a wide variety of things we make but I enjoy sewing the tri-fold mini legal pad holders and bowl cosies.

We sell a lot of these "trifolds"for kids.  They're just the right size to take along on car trips.  We load them up with a small legal pad, pencil, crayons and stickers.  We also sell some for adults as they're a nice size to take to meetings.

The bowl cosies are also popular.  These are great for microwaving your soup, keeping your hands cool, protecting your furniture and helping you look stylish while doing all three!  All cotton fabric, batting and thread are important when using these in the microwave! 

I'm using leftover fabric from other projects and it's challenging to figure out the best use of it.   

In the evenings, I enjoy crocheting.  I'm not sure who will receive this when it's finished but I like keeping my hands busy and staying warm as I work. 
I'm using leftover yarn for this project, too.  Isn't it amazing how much left over material we have?  It's good to set aside some time to use it up.

Well, that catches you up on what I've been doing since the holidays.  Let me know what you've been up to.  

Hoping you're staying healthy!
                                                                        Zenda




 


5 comments:

Kim said...

Your wintry wonderland looks gorgeous, Zenda and soooo freezing! How lovely that your group of retired teachers get together and make lovely things to help fund classroom grants programs. I would imagine you all have a lot to talk about in these times. Your crochet blanket is gorgeous. LOVE the colours of the yarn.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed looking at your winter snow scenes. It is very cold here and we had snow yesterday but it melted already. Winter is the perfect time for sewing and crocheting. I love the blanket you are working on. Take care and enjoy the week Zenda.

Ann said...

We got some snow last night and today...now it's starting to rain. You've certainly been busy. Those tri-folds are a great idea and thanks for the reminder about bowl cozies....I need to make a few of those!

Creations By Cindy said...

The pictures are beautiful! Oh girl do stay warm though. I love to visit the snow. What great projects for good causes. I love the bowl cozies so much! Happy week to you dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Zenda, the snow pictures you shared are just beautiful! We are expecting a big snow storm to roll in tomorrow. I'm worried that we may get more ice than snow though. The tri-folds are a great idea for little ones. Stay warm and enjoy your week!